Certified Gottman Therapist
Senior Relationship Psychologist
Kasia is a fully registered and endorsed Organisational Psychologist who has provided clinical counselling services for over 15 years. With Masters-level qualifications from the University of Queensland, Kasia is a current member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS), a Fellow of the College of Organisational Psychologists (FCOP), and an accredited psychology supervisor (STAP).
Kasia is a Certified Gottman Therapist and a member of the Australian Society of Sex Educators, Researchers and Therapists (ASSERT – NSW). In addition, she has completed formal training in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT-C), Schema Therapy for Couples (ST-C), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT).
Kasia builds authentic, compassionate and respectful connections with her clients and couples to best understand their unique needs, hesitations and desired treatment outcomes. Kasia embraces diversity in those she is privileged to work with and values relationships of all forms, whether dyadic, polyamorous, monogamous or consensually non-monogomous. With a focus on harnessing the power of human attachment and connection within relationships, she welcomes each and every relationship with openness, acceptance and non-judgement.
In the treatment of couples at The Couples Clinic, Kasia provides standard couples counselling sessions and marathon (immersive) therapy. Kasia provides the following relationship support:
- Helping couples to communicate transparently, respectfully and constructively by tracking and repairing maladaptive cycles of conflict, regrettable incidents and resentments to promote a healthy relationship whereby partners have a deeper understanding of their own needs and their partners.
- Exploring dynamics affecting sexual function, emotional / physical intimacy and eroticism.
- Assisting couples to process and heal from affairs, infidelity and betrayal.
- Providing pre-marital counselling for couples who are seeking to establish a strong foundation to guide their loving commitment.
- Reviving neglected relationships and aiding couples through life transitions (parenting, illness / injury, grief & loss, non-event and sleeper transitions).
- Navigating the ‘stay or go’ impasse. Known as Discernment Therapy, this process assists both partners to understand what has happened to the relationship and to mutually consent to an agreement whereby both parties take are responsible for the outcomes.
- Learning how to constructively separate and heal from separation. This is for couples who have made the decision to separate before attending counselling and would like the safety and support from a trained professional to amicably move on.
Kasia adopts a tailored, structured approach to marital and relationship counselling and she has an astute ability to attune to a relationships’ core needs. Widely trained and highly skilled, she incorporates a variety of evidence-based therapies in her practice and provides professional supervision for other therapists.